1. Bull City Burger and Brewery: Last weekend, Josh and I met up with his parents and brother for dinner in Durham. I am by no means a burger connoisseur, but these things were gooooood. I got a classic burger topped with caramelized onions, sauerkraut, and pickles. Plus some incredible sweet potato fries on the side. Definitely want to come back here!
2. Yoga with Adriene: I go through phases where all I want to do is yoga, and I think it’s safe to say that I am in one of those phases right now. Instead of spending approximately 1 billion dollars on a yoga studio membership, I just grab my mat and my phone and do Adriene’s videos at our apartment gym!
3. Intuitive Eating book: We live in a world that vilifies “unhealthy” food, glorifies “healthy” food, and all but worships being thin and fit. As someone with an interest in health but also a propensity to be a rule follower, I can easily get bogged down in diet dogma and start listening to our culture instead of my own body. This book has reminded me that my body can be trusted to tell me when it wants a burger and fries (see above!) and when it wants some veggies. I recommend this book to anyone who is sick of listening to what the media tells us about food/fitness/our bodies and is ready to take ownership of these things.
4. James: Mercy Triumphs bible study: It’s been a good minute since I did a structured Bible study like this, and so far I am loving it! There are guided readings each day, and so many great insights/historical points that I would likely never find on my own. I have enjoyed learning more about James, a man who knew Jesus well and therefore has so much relevant wisdom for us.
5. 14,000 things to be happy about desk calendar: I just moved into a new office at work and have loved brightening it up with little plants and photos and such. This desk calendar legitimately makes me smile every morning! It really is the little things.
That’s all for now- hope you all have a great weekend and do something that brings you JOY!