I love to nerd out over summer reading. I think it dates back to my elementary school days- my mom would take us to the library to get a sticker chart thingy to keep track of our reading, and then at the end of the summer we would earn prizes based on how many books we read. Can we bring that back as adults, please?!
If you’re a book lover, then you know that it’s next to impossible to choose a favorite. So, in the spirit of summer reading and indecisiveness, I decided to share a list of my current top 20 favorite books of all time!
1. Life Together – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
2. The Hiding Place – Corrie ten Boom
3. Hacker – Ted Dekker
4. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. Love Does – Bob Goff
6. The Kitchen House – Kathleen Grissom
7. Seabiscuit – Laura Hillenbrand
8. Unbroken – Laura Hillenbrand
9. High Tide in Tucson – Barbara Kingsolver
10. A Wrinkle in Time – Madeleine L’Engle
11. The Giver – Lois Lowry
12. Ruthless Trust- Brennan Manning
13. Blue Like Jazz – Donald Miller
14. Bittersweet – Shauna Niequist
15. Bread & Wine – Shauna Niequist
16. Cold Tangerines – Shauna Niequist
17. Present Over Perfect – Shauna Niequist
18. Wonder – RJ Palacio
19. The Pact – Jodi Picoult
20. Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood – Rebecca Wells
There are so many more that come to mind (just realized I left out Harry Potter…), but I will leave it at that for now. Tell me something you’re reading this summer!
2 responses to “Summer Reading”
I’m CONSTANTLY on the look for new books to fill up my free time, so thank you for the list! I’ve heard Cold Tangerines is really good 😀
Hey Brittany! Cold Tangerines is one of my favorite Shauna books for sure- let me know if you read it!